I have my friend Ayna visiting for the week. She is working on a baby quilt for a friend. I decided to make a cute little changing mat that also has diaper and wipe pockets. I used a changing mat tutorial here, but I tweaked the size of the mat to 15″x30″.I found this cute little button at Joann’s. Of course, we had to make our rounds to the fabric stores. I saw on another local bloggers blog that we have Cloud 9 fabric at our Joann’s. Yes, indeedy, we do. Ooh La La.
She is adding borders as I am typing.
I really like the pockets.
It’s like a clutch. Just flip up the flaps and fold. Say that 10 times really fast.
Cute and I already had the fabric and batting in my stash. Hope she likes it.
I made a flickr account. Yvcampbell, I’m still finding my way around flickr.
……the house is in decent condition. lol It’s always a work in progress.
This is a sneak peak of something else that I started. I got a grab bag of Robert Kauffman fabrics for our local store. I wanted to try something really out of my comfort zone.
The improv log cabin piecing didn’t scare me. It’s just putting random fabrics next to each other. I wasn’t that okay with it. I talked myself through the first block. It sounded something like, “It’s okay. It’s going to work out. You are just going to use that strip and not put it back. This is supposed to be fun and so on..hahaha. I made it through with support from Ayna. If she wouldn’t have been here it might have went in the trash or somewhere never to be found again.
Although, the first couple were giving me a complete panic attack. It’s going to turn out good. I’m okay with the process now. Woosah! Blog at ya later.
I saw on A Quilting Life blog that she did a list of to do’s for the summer. I have seen several blogs with lists. 99 to do in 999 days. Which is far more than I would like to go with the list. I do love lists, but I also like to keep it simple. . So here it is starting with my WIP today.
10 seems doable
1. Finish my new project that I am working on cutting. I don’t have the full design laid out. I was just super excited to start cutting up this charm pack by Moda VandCo. Simply Style. I love it!
2. Make Tutorial Page for this blog ,start flickr , and do a linky party
3. Do the Swoonalong 2013. I put up a button for it.
4. Join the guild.
5. Start working on Farmer’s Wife Sampler. I have the book.
6. Take a few cutting days. All my scraps are gathering in different baggies.
7. Finish Magaritaville Quilt.
8. Finish Rail Fence Quilt
9. Do a scrap quilt from 2 inch squares that I am collecting.
10. Find the time to do all of the above and keep my house looking good at the same time.
Linking up with aquiltinglife and freshlypieced. Link your list. Blog at ya later.